In order to avoid disappointment, couples should agree the time of their wedding service before arranging the time of the reception.
Congratulations on your engagement!! The Marriage Service, is one of the most important days of your lives, and Pakefield Church is proud that we host many weddings throughout the year. With stunning sea front scenery on arrival and a comfortable, beautiful and idyllic church setting, we are able to offer a variety of special features for your wedding day. Options include: organ; bells; choir and flowers. If you choose a wedding during the “less warmer months” then good heating is available!
Hopefully any questions you have will be answered below, but if you need to clarify or discuss anything, please Contact the Parish Office on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning from 10.00am to 12.00 noon or 01502 218150 or email@example.com
Who can marry here?
Lots of people marry in their own local church, but we know that you might like to marry in a church away from where you live because it has special significance for you through family or other connections.
An engaged couple can do just that if either of you can show just one of the seven connections with the parish listed below. If however you do not meet any of these, please still contact us as we can discuss the way forward.
- You can be married at Pakefield Church if one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months.
- was baptised in the parish concerned, or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish, or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months.
- You can be married at Pakefield Church if one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months.
- You can be married at Pakefield Church if one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish.
A useful site to visit is www.yourchurchwedding.org.
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.